The moment I got dressed in the morning and thought to myself, “Funny. I don’t remember these being skinny jeans,” is the exact moment I decided to make this for lunch.
I’ve made this shrimp recipe for years and it’s by far the easiest and simplest dish, but one of my all-time favorites. With only a few ingredients (shrimp, eggs, and breadcrumbs), you could have a delicious meal ready in 30 minutes! I usually serve mine with brown rice, a tomato cucumber salad. and a side of Sriracha. That’s right. Sriracha. Because I like to live my life on the edge, with a side of heartburn.
Because the Italian breadcrumbs already have dried herbs and salt, there’s no need to add any seasoning. Simply create an egg wash by combining the beaten eggs with a bit of water, then dip each shrimp, and roll in the breadcrumbs. Bake for about 20 minutes, flipping each shrimp once, and voilà – your jeans fit again!
But your tummy will definitely thank you.
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the eggs and water in a small bowl. Combine the panko and regular breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. Lightly coat a tray with baking spray.
- Dip each shrimp into the egg wash, roll in breadcrumbs, and place on baking tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes, and then flip each shrimp over and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until shrimp has a light brown crust.