I am here to advise you that waiting to tell your husband that he is eating brownies made from black beans after his bite – while highly entertaining – is not recommended.
You’re all welcome.
But then we both agreed if I hadn’t told him he wouldn’t have known the difference.
These black bean brownies were so good I was licking the batter as everything was coming together. The beans make the base of the brownies so creamy and the coffee brings out the rich cocoa flavor. Combine all ingredients, add any toppings you desire (try chocolate chips, nuts, or peanut butter ), and pop in the oven for 25 minutes and you’re done. And best of all, they taste just like the real deal!
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: Chocolate Chips, Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients (except for toppings and chocolate chips) in a food processor and blend until smooth. Mix in chocolate chips. Pour batter into greased baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.