Nothing disappears faster in my house than these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I prefer my cookies to be soft and fluffy, but still have a firm base. I typically use room temperature butter and eggs, and refrigerate the cookie dough a day or two before baking.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups quick-cooking or old fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose or unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the brown sugar, white sugar, and butter. Stir in vanilla and beaten eggs. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to the creamed mixture, until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool 1-2 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to rack to cool completely.