I discovered Pinch of Yum’s Garlic Parmesan Chicken Lasagna recipe about two weeks ago, and since then I have made it three times. No joke – it’s that good!
What attracted me first to this recipe (and many of the other recipes I have tried from Lindsay and Bjork) was it’s simplicity – I had most of the ingredients in my fridge and was short on time. I swung by the store for rotisserie chicken and within an hour I had a delicious, comforting chicken lasagna bake that was both satisfying and flavorful. I was surprised to learn that it was more creamy than cheesy and that each serving was low in calories (which just means I can help myself to another serving, right?!). The instructions are easy to follow, the ingredients simple, and this is one recipe I know I will be making for years to come.
Serve this with a side green salad and enjoy!
- 10-15 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (use rotisserie chicken for lots of yummy flavor)
- 12 ounces frozen peas
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Swiss cheese
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- fresh herbs for topping
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 5 cups milk
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant - stir continuously to avoid burning because burnt garlic will taste bitter. Add the flour, poultry seasoning, and salt. Whisk and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the milk, one cup at a time, whisking after each addition and allowing it to thicken slightly each time before adding the next cup. When the sauce is smooth and thick, remove from heat and set aside.
- Grease a 9x13 pan and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover the bottom of the pan with (about 5) broken lasagna noodles, half of the chicken, half of the peas, ¼ cup Parmesan, ⅓ cup water, and 1½ cups sauce. Repeat this layer once more. Top with a layer of broken noodles, ⅓ cup water, 1½ cups sauce, and ½ cup Swiss cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil, sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the top is golden brown and bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh herbs like parsley and thyme. Let stand 10 minutes or more before cutting and serving
- Spray one side of the aluminum foil with non-stick spray before placing it over the casserole, so that the cheese will not stick to the foil when removing it.
Your comments make my day. Thank you!