This recipe is exactly the same as my Lemon Olive Oil Greek Yogurt Cake…except I’ve now changed the entire thing.
I’ve added blueberries.
No, I really didn’t need an entire post to tell you that I’ve added blueberries, but it was so good I couldn’t help but photograph it all over again!
This moist cake is made with 2 cups of plain greek yogurt, lemon zest, blueberries, and olive oil, then topped with a light lemon glaze.
Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or if you’re me, dinner.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil, lemon zest, yogurt, and vanilla. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, gently fold in the blueberries, then pour into lightly greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Combine the sugar and lemon juice with a fork, and then drizzle over cake. Allow glaze to harden before serving.
- This recipe does yield a rather large cake, so I used my 9x5 loaf pan. You can always make two smaller loaves!