After an entire year of wedded bliss, I have uncovered the secret to a happy marriage:
Yes, there’s communication and quality time and trust. But what’s even more important than all of the above? Coffee. Some women show their love by leaving sweet notes on their husband’s lunch for the next day. Me? I set the coffeepot timer to brew right before our alarm goes off.
Pair a cup of coffee with a delicious breakfast and it’s like the day we met.
These Cinnamon Apple Overnight Oats have become our new breakfast staple. They’re so easy to prepare! Simply combine oats, almond milk, greek yogurt, applesauce, and cinnamon, and chill overnight. Serve the next day (hot or cold) with chopped apples and walnuts. They’re quick, nutritious, filling, and taste best when paired with, of course, a great cup of coffee.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 diced apple, for topping
- walnuts, for topping
- Combine oats, yogurt, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, chia seeds, and applesauce in a container. Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Top with apples and walnuts and enjoy! Can be served cold and warm.