If you’re ever looking for me at around 10 pm on a Tuesday night, you’ve got really good odds of finding me in my pjs, sneaking bites of this pasta salad from the fridge. It’s just that good! I’m telling you – if I had to bring only three things with me on a deserted island it would be: a solar electric generator, Richard Parker, and this caprese pasta salad.
This salad is light and refreshing, with juicy tomatoes, sweet basil, fresh mozzarella, and a garlic kick. My sweet mother-in-law shared this recipe with me a few years back, and I’ve since adopted it as my “go-to” recipe for potlucks and dinner parties and midnight snacking.
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, sliced in half and drained in colander for a few minutes
- 16 oz mozzarella ball, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 12 oz bow tie pasta
- 15-20 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, pasta, and basil leaves. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Toss pasta with the dressing. Best served at room temperature.