As someone who loves sweet potatoes any which way – fried, baked, or mashed – I am so excited to share this recipe!
These Ancho Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are not only healthy and flavorful, but can be on your dinner table in no time at all. Lean ground beef is cooked with onions and garlic, then flavored with ancho chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, and salt and pepper. Simmered down with low sodium beef broth and fresh tomatoes, it’s then stuffed into baked sweet potatoes and topped with green onions.
Perfect for a quick weeknight meal or can be prepped ahead of time to be eaten throughout the week!
Ancho Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 lb. 80-85% lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder (reg chili powder would also work)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp coarse kosher salt, more to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper
- green onions, garnish
- Preheat over to 400 degrees. When hot, place potatoes on baking tray and bake for 40 - 55 minutes, until fork tender. This will depend on the size of your potato!
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. When hot, add onions and saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for an additional 1-2 minutes. Add beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain, if desired.
- Bring back to stove and add seasonings (cumin, chili powder, oregano, paprika, salt, pepper). Saute for a minute or two, then add tomatoes. Cook for one minute, then add beef broth. Lower heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often. (If the chili is starting to run dry, lower heat and/or add a bit more broth.) Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Scoop chili into baked sweet potatoes. Top with green onions.
The Richmond avenue https://therichmondavenue.com/