Today on The Richmond Avenue, we’re talking about the best gifts of 2016 to give to your favorite foodie in your life (and if your favorite foodie in your life happens to be you, then hey, more power to you!).
This has been a great year for those who love to spend their time cooking and experimenting in the kitchen. From gadgets like the new KitchenAid Artisan mini stand mixer to the Instapot to amazing cookbooks, there are so many options to fit any budget!
So without further ado, here are our choice picks for this Christmas season:
1. Marble Salt Keeper with Lid (Sur La Tab; $30): This salt keeper is a permanent fixture in my kitchen. It’s perfect for the chef who loves to add a pinch of salt here or there as they cook and it looks beautiful on any counter.
3. Aprons (Anthropologie; $28-$38): Anthropologie makes the most adorable , flattering, functional aprons for your favorite chef/host.
4. Books (Amazon; prices varied): This was an incredible year for foodie books and cookbooks alike.
For cookbooks, you can’t go wrong with Chrissy Teigen’s Cravings (your mouth will water as you laugh your way through her witty book), Skinnytaste’s Fast and Slow (I’ve made so many of these recipes and all have been amazing!), or Ina Garten’s Cooking For Jeffery (more of the classic and beautiful recipes that we can only expect from Ina).
5. Le Creuset Braiser (Le Creuset; $285): Le Creuset has been around for nearly a century filling the homes of so many who share a passion for cooking. In the early 1900s, Le Creuset, a French brand, took a kitchen staple – the cast iron skillet – and refined it into something beautiful. This braiser is my most recent splurge (and yes, mine is pink!), but it’s a piece that never leaves my stovetop and I know will be passed down for generations to come. A good gift for those who like classic pieces!
6. Artisan Food Gift Card (D’Artagnan.com; prices varied): We live in a world where there is so much at our fingertips, including incredible Artisan shops that sell their food products online. Give the gift of a special ingredient, such as this white truffle butter, that would be hard to find in a local grocery store.
7. KitchenAid Artisan Mini Mixer (Bed Bath & Beyond; $299): This mini stand mixer is just as powerful as the original, only it conserves counter space. Great for those who have limited counter space or low cabinets.
8. Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit (Williams Sonoma; $65): This gift comes with everything you would need for a good old-fashioned (sans liquor). It includes bitters, sugar cubes, jigger, and muddler – you just provide the whiskey and orange peels. An ideal gift for your at-home mixologist.
9. Salt Block (Williams Sonoma, $50): I was given a salt block for our wedding a few years ago, and it truly is a beautiful addition to any kitchen. The salt block releases a delicate flavor and can be used to grill fish and thin cuts of meat, or even refrigerate it to serve cheeses, sushi, or fruit.
10. Herb Garden (Amazon; $60): Nothing flavors a dish like fresh herbs! Gift your foodie with this Indoor Herb Kit so they can snip fresh herbs to add to their meals without having to run to their local supermarket.
11. Meat Thermometer (Amazon; $7): Every chef needs a good set of kitchen tools – like a meat thermometer or a food scale. A gift that will ensure that every roast comes out perfectly cooked!
12. Chemex (Amazon; $42): The Chemex has revolutionized the coffee game. It’s an hourglass flask made of glass, a chemical that does not absorb odors or chemical residues. Using all the chemically correct methods for brewing, this coffee maker will produce the perfect drip coffee each and every time. Perfect for your inner barista.
13. Schmidt Brother’s Knife Set (Crate and Barrel; $300): This knife block set was gifted to me as an early Christmas gift, and I can’t say enough good things about it! The design is beautiful and modern, plus the sleek box takes up minimal counter space. The knives are strong and sturdy, extremely sharp, and easy to hold.
14. Infused Olive Oil (Amazon; $29): Infused olive oil is a wonderful gift for any Italian food lover or even as a hostess gift for a Christmas party. This garlic olive oil brightens up any dish!
15. Mini Appetizer Serving Set (Amazon; $15): A great gift for those who love to host. This 96 piece appetizer set contains miniature tasking plates, bowls, forks, and spoons will make a beautiful table setting. They’re also reusable or disposable.