To add to my lazy night, I needed to make something easy for dinner that could be whipped up in no time with ingredients I had on hand. And that’s where this Tarragon Cranberry Chicken Salad comes in!!
Chicken salad is one of my favorite things to eat (McAlister’s has the best chicken salad!), and there isn’t a “right” or “wrong” way to make it. Customize it however you like – make it curried, add dried fruits and apples, toss in some sweet onions – really anything goes.
For this recipe, I poached and diced 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, added in some light mayo, dried cranberries, green onions, celery, fresh tarragon, lemon juice, and chopped pecans. Combine all the ingredients, pop it into the fridge for a few hours (or overnight) and serve it on toast, on crackers, or on a green salad!
…And then feel free to help yourself to your
first second third helping of butter nut pecan ice cream.
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups light mayo (start with 1/2 cup and build up)
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/4th of a lemon, juiced, more to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- coarse kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Combine ingredients together. Taste to adjust seasonings. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for a few hours (the longer the better!), then serve on toast, crackers, or greens.