I can’t even eggspress how eggcited I am to share this post with you today.
Over the weekend, I finally cracked and whipped up these mini egg frittatas, and they were eggcellent! Eggstraordinary, even.
Trust me when I say I’m not eggsagerating.
…I’m really sorry for my poor taste in puns. I know it’s early. (but did you really eggspect anything less from me?)
Stop rolling your eyes! I’m almost done here!
Start off by preheating your oven. But before you do, make sure you remove alllllll items you store in the oven when not in use.
Just a helpful tip, nothing more.
Place diced bacon in a large, unheated skillet and bring to medium-high heat and fry until just crisp, then set on a paper towel-lined plate. Drain most of the grease, then sauté onions and bell peppers until tender, then toss in one chopped tomato and fresh spinach until just wilted. In a medium size bowl, combine eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt (I only added a pinch since the bacon already has a lot of salt), and pepper. Mix in grated cheddar cheese. Pour everything into a prepared standard muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until eggs are set. Serve warm.
Quick, simple, easy to cleanup, and good as leftovers. And that’s all, yolks!
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, dice
- 6 ounces bacon, chopped
- 6 large whole eggs
- 4 eggs whites
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large unheated skillet, add bacon and bring to medium-high heat. Cook until just crisp, then set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Drain all but 2 tbsp of grease, then add onions and bell pepper. Saute until tender, then add the tomato and fresh spinach. Cook all ingredients until spinach is just wilted, then remove from a heat.
- In a separate large bowl, beat eggs, milk, and seasonings. Toss in cheese and cooked ingredients and stir to combine.
- Lightly spray a standard muffin baking tray with olive oil and pour in egg mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set.