Now that Blue Bell has reentered my life and all is right in the world, my “designated ice cream spoon” has once again made an appearance.
It’s the spoon that I grab every time I walk by the kitchen when I lie to myself by saying that I will only have one small scoop of ice cream. And then that one small bite becomes two. And then that small scoop becomes a bigger scoop. And then two hours later I’m vacuuming my entire house and organizing the wrapping paper closet while singing the greatest hits of Billy Joel because I just consumed an entire pint of sugar.
You know, that spoon.
While I am enjoying my super clean house, there are days when I just want a little sweet treat to curb the cravings, and that’s where this Frozen Yogurt Bark comes in! Plain Greek Yogurt is mixed with honey and then combined with any variation of fruits, nuts, granola, or chocolate and then placed in the freezer for a few hours. You can break it into pieces, grab a bite to go, and place the other pieces in a ziplock bag in the freezer to keep solid. Switch it up any way you like – the possibilities are endless!
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- any desired toppings: fruit, nuts, granola, chocolate
- Combine the Greek yogurt and honey in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt, and taste test for desired sweetness.
- Line a baking dish with aluminum foil, then spread the Greek yogurt out to desired thickness. Sprinkle toppings over the yogurt and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours, then remove and break into pieces and enjoy. Store in ziplock bags in the freezer.
- In the picture above, I used strawberries + dark chocolate and walnuts + dark chocolate.