Happy October 1st, y’all!
This is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love waking up and knowing that the leaves are changing colors and piling up on our lawn. The familiar fall fragrances of pumpkin and apple and cinnamon linger in the air, and boots and scarves and cardigans have been pulled from the back of my closet.
I love taking a sip of my warm apple cider, wrapping myself up tightly, and – ready to breathe in that chilly fall breeze – step out onto the porch to find that it’s…
…still 98 degrees outside.
We’ll try this again tomorrow.
In the meantime, here’s a quick and easy fruit salsa snack for you!
When I discovered baked cinnamon pita chips a few years back, I was hooked. They are sweet, slightly salty, and have that satisfying crunch. It’s easy to make at home with pita bread, melted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. Serve with your choice of fruit for a delicious treat!
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and diced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 8 pita bread, cut into triangles
- 1/8 cup butter, melted
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
- brown sugar, for sprinkling
- Combine fruits and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil. Place pita triangles on the tray. Lightly brush each triangle with butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Flip the pita triangles over and repeat.
- Baked for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned and crispy.